Monday 3 November 2014

Homework Blues


       As I shuffled into the classroom, I knew that Mr. Van Camp would never believe me. I looked at my scuffed shoes and mumbled, " My homework is not done, Sir. I do have a good excuse though."

       " This is not the first time your homework has not been completed. Perhaps," Mr. Van Camp suggested, "it's time to speak with your parents."

       "Please, you have no idea what will happen to me if you phone my home," I moaned. It looked as if he was going to fall for my story.

      "Well, let's hear your excuse. It better be good."
    
      I hesitated, then sauntered into a story of how my grandmother passed away. And being an emotional teenage girl I was able to pull the wonder tears.

      Mr. Van Camp spoke in a caring tone, "I'm so sorry to hear that."

     "It's okay," I paused "it's just the circle of life, a cliche, but quite a true one"

      "It seems that I have decided, to allow you one more day to complete your assignment" spoke Mr.

Van Camp in a sympathetic tone.

     "Thank you for understanding, and giving me one extra day to conclude my homework."

     I hurried out of the room, and began to work as soon as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment